(The Board of Supervisors adopted the updated General Plan on November 9, 2011.)
For more information on the release of the DEIR, including contact and timeline information for comments related to the DEIR, please visit DERA’s website.
On May 30, 2007, the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors adopted Resolution No. 2007-0698 to initiate the General Plan Update project and begin environmental review of the Draft General Plan. All changes to the Draft General Plan directed by the Board during public workshops held over the last six months have been incorporated into the Draft Plan. On June 28, 2007, the Draft Plan was transmitted to the Department of Environmental Review and Assessment (DERA) to begin the environmental review process.
Subsequent to this transmission, a small number of inaccuracies were identified within the Draft Updated General Plan that needed to be corrected before environmental analysis began.
- Memorandum Illustrating Administrative Changes to the Draft General Plan
- Memorandum Illustrating Administrative Changes to the Draft General Plan - Attachments
- Memorandum Regarding the Incorporation of Language from the Scenic Highways Element into the Draft Circulation Element
- Memorandum Regarding the Incorporation of Language from the Scenic Highways Element into the Draft Circulation Element - Attachments
- Memorandum Illustration Minor Administrative Changes to the Background Sections of the Draft Updated General Plan
- Memorandum Illustration Minor Administrative Changes to the Background Sections of the Draft Updated General Plan - Attachments
On August 13, 2007, DERA released a Notice of Preparation (NOP) of a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for Sacramento County’s Draft General Plan. The tentative environmental review schedule is provided below. Upon completion, public workshops will be scheduled before the Policy Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors to adopt the Draft General Plan.
This web site will be updated as new information becomes available, including opportunities to provide input on the Draft General Plan, the environmental review process, and the Draft EIR. If you would like to be notified of such opportunities via email, please sign up to receive email notices by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.